It All Started with Alfalfa, Three Guys and a Pickup or Two
Founded in 1999, our family-owned and independently operated business has grown from humble beginnings. Through the years, we have expanded our seed crop offerings to ensure the best genetics and traits. We focus on local soils and growing environments throughout our footprint.
Helping you get the results you need from your crops is what drives us. We ensure that each year we can supply the best genetics and traits for growers in our region, crop varieties to fit every application and seed types that provide the right combinations of strength and protection.
Our experienced seed specialists understand the crop demands of the Upper Midwest, and will work with you to learn about your specific needs, and provide customized solutions for every acre.
Let us help you achieve solid yield performance and profit!
Legacy Seeds is committed to providing solutions to agriculture and serving the American farmer.
Our Guiding Principles
INTEGRITY – doing the right thing always
RESPECT – treating others as they want to be treated
FAMILY – someone you can count on
IMPROVEMENT – striving to do better
ACCOUNTABLE – for our actions and commitments for the people we serve and work with
- Steve Jensen and Tyler Lee start the seed business.
- Bruce Ceranske joins Steve Jensen and Tyler Lee to form Legacy Seeds, Inc. The three work from their homes to build the fledgling business.
- Plant breeder Dave Huset is hired to independently breed cutting-edge alfalfa varieties.
- Idaho leases first facility to warehouse, blend and package alfalfa seed.
- Legacy Seeds enters small seed dealer business in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin leases first facility to warehouse, blend and package seed.
- Corn and soybean trait and genetic licenses are secured.
- Wisconsin leases larger facility to accommodate growth.
- Wheat genetic licenses are secured.
- Scandinavia, WI, operations facility leased.
- Scandinavia, WI, operations facility purchased.
- Scandinavia, WI, operations facility upgraded to add RIB blending and packaging line.
- StandLife Genetics® (Aphanomyces Race 2 Alfalfa) registered.
- Scandinavia, WI, operations facility updated to add seed treater.
- Construction on Waupaca, WI, Research Farm begins.